Here’s a rundown on the game, via its store page:
“Trials of Mana,” the hit console game with over 1 million copies and downloads sold worldwide…is coming to a smartphone near you! Fun for longtime fans of the Mana Series and new players alike!
When the world was shrouded in darkness, the Goddess of Mana drew forth the Sword of Mana to smite the eight Benevodons, monsters of destruction. She sealed the horrors inside the eight Mana Stones, bringing the realm back from the brink.
Weak from rebuilding the world, the Goddess changed into a tree and fell fast asleep for years. However, the forces of evil sought to free the Benevodons to gain control of the world. They started a terrible war to further their plot and destabilize the kingdoms.
Peace was at an end. Mana itself began to disappear from the world and the Mana Tree to wither…
- Playable Characters – Players start their adventure by selecting three of the six main characters. The overlapping story of interwoven destinies changes depending on who you choose as your main character and companions!
- Graphics – See the spectacular world of Mana in full 3D render! Scenes and characters from the original game now in beautifully detailed graphics.
- Battle System – Use the dynamic fighting system to evade enemies and fight back with aerial and combo attacks. Utilize the signature ring menus of the Mana Series and new shortcut commands.
- Powering Up Characters – Switch to light or dark classes to strengthen your characters and change their look. In this remake, there’s also a newly added Class 4. With over 300 different kinds of abilities available, there are many different ways to train and power up your characters.
- Difficulty – You have the option of four difficulty settings: Beginner, Easy, Normal, and Hard. The Beginner setting allows players to resume in the same spot no matter how many times they get a game over. If you find action games hard or want to focus on the story, select this difficulty.
- Soundtrack – The 60-song soundtrack features arrangements overseen by the original composer, Hiroki Kikuta. Players can switch the BGM to the new version or the SNES version.
- Voiceover – Full voiceover in English and Japanese! The characters in your party determine which extra conversations happen during your journey.
- New Game Plus – After you beat the game once, you will unlock new storylines for your party members. You can unlock harder difficulties like Expert and the No Future after playing through the new storylines.
- New Features – Included in the game is the option to play through flashbacks for each character in your party. You’ll also see a familiar Mana Series face when searching for Li’l Cactus during your adventures. Plus, there are additions like a new type of item seed and the autosave feature.
- Menus are touch-operated. Control characters with the directional pad overlay display.
- Newly added features like auto-target, auto-camera, and auto-battle.
- Graphic quality options available.
- Cloud save compatible.
- Can obtain the starting gear “Rabite Adornment,“ which increases the EXP gained in battle up to level 17 and “Silktail Adornment,” which increases the amount of lucre gained in battle up to level 17.