Humble Games and Pocket Trap have released a brand new trailer for the forthcoming sports RPG Dodgeball Academia. The trailer offers viewers a peek at the game’s lore and announces the official release date of August 5, 2021. The game will be available across a number of platforms including PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. The PC version is currently available to wishlist on both the Humble Store and Steam.
The game centers on Otto, a “rookie dodgeball student” who lives in a world where dodgeball is life. He attends the Academy to train to become a champion in this unique hybrid game. The story is spread across eight episodes where the goal is to make friends and defeat rivals along the way to assembling the perfect dodgeball team.
- Exploration – Explore and uncover the secrets of the Dodgeball Academia across its vast, diverse, and full of life campus
- RPG Story Mode – Journey through a full-blown RPG story mode; complete with episodes, main quests, side quests, and school minigames
- Eclectic Characters – Unlock and upgrade unique characters, diversifying your dodgeball team through an RPG style character and party progression
- Action-Packed Challenges – Engage in action-packed dodgeball matches featuring a unique fighting game style that will put players up against challenging enemies and bosses
- Local Versus Mode – Duke it out with a friend locally in a competitive local versus mode
Check out the Dodgeball Academia official site to learn more.