There’s a new trailer for upcoming sci-fi RPG, Chernobylite, giving us a closer look at the game’s story and setting. It focuses on our main character, Igor, as he returns to the site of the Chernobyl disaster 30 years later.
– ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW –
He’s in search of his fiancée who went missing at the time of the nuclear accident. Despite the thick miasma of radiation, it appears as though Igor isn’t the only one exploring the exclusion zone in Chernobylite. The trailer shows soldiers and survivors, as well as a mysterious masked antagonist wielding some pretty hardcore sci-fi weaponry.
Chernobylite radiates with the same energy as Get Even, the last big game from Polish developer The Farm 51. It’s being published by All In! Games who recently announced that a physical edition will come to PS4, courtesy of Perp Games. It will launch first on PC (via Steam, GoG, and the Epic Games Store) on July 27th. A console version of Chernobylite will release later this summer for PS4 and Xbox One before hitting other platforms.
Here’s an overview of bizarre-looking shooter:
- Stealth, Survival, & Combat – Survival in the Zone is not easy, and each day brings new challenges as your comrades die and supplies diminish. Avoid detection with stealth takedowns or engage in open armed combat. Danger lurks around every corner.
- Base Building & Crafting – Construct a base from which to plan your daily operations and excursions. Utilize workstations to craft gadgets, traps, and weapons, or modify existing equipment to your needs.
- Resource & Team Management – Companions are key to your survival and the resolution of your journey. Each day requires careful planning and assignment of resources and tasks to your comrades.
- Non-Linear Storytelling & Strategy – No playthrough is the same. The choices and story are in your hands. Choose wisely whether to trust your comrades or not, use resources for survival or research, and to face conflicts or avoid them. The future is up to you.
Source: Press Release
– PAGE CONTINUES BELOW –