Jacksonville, Fl — The 2021 Careathon auction will be open from August 16 – August 20 and features one-of-a-kind experiences and items. The online auction preview starts at 5 am on Friday, August 13th.
All winning bids will be donated to the Child Cancer Fund of NE Florida. The Careathon auction is sponsored by Paul Davis. Among the items that will be up for bidding:
-Gaming with Tank from X106.5
Play Xbox One or Xbox Series X (Madden or Fortnite) with Tank PLUS a $100 gift card to GameStop
–Weezer Signed Squire Guitar ($700 value)
- Includes an inspection card
- No guitar case
–Round of Golf with Brent Martineau @ South Hampton
-St. Augustine Tourist Package
- 2x tours of the Hotel Ponce De Leon/Flagler College
- 2x passes for the Old Town Trolley
- 2x passes to the St Augustine Pirate Museum and Colonial Experience at the Colonial Quarter
- 2x Red Boat Waters tour (Dolphin Odyssey OR Sunset Cruise)
- 2x tickets for the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum
- 2x tickets to the St. Augustine Aquarium
- 2x Tasting Tours at City Gate Spirits
- 2x tickets to the Spanish Military Hospital Museum
- 2x passes for the Historic Pena-Peck House
- $50 gift card to KingFish Grill
–Jumbo Shrimp Experience ($1,200 value)
- (2x) Full season, field reserved tickets
- Ceremonial First Pitch (valid for Monday-Thursday game)
-Lunch with Mark Kaye (Catered by Chuy’s – for 5)
- Join the Mark Kaye Show for the First Hour Of the Show (WOKV)
- Lunch with the team before the show
- Maximum of 2 people
- Mark Kaye Show Prize Packs
–Styx Signed Guitar
-Meteorologist for a Day with Mike Buresh
- ‘meteorologist for a day’ experience at CBS 47/FOX 30 Action News Jax
–WAPE Station Tour / Pizza Party
Winner and up to 10 guests will be able to tour the WAPE Studio and see how Jacksonville’s #1 Hit Music Station works! They’ll also have the opportunity to record shout-outs on the air! We’ll cap off the tour with a pizza party for all the guests.
-Breakfast with Meghan and Austen (WAPE)
Winner and up to 4 additional guests will be welcomed into the studio to watch Meghan and Austen in action while enjoying breakfast provided.
-Guest DJ on WAPE
Here’s your chance to be on the legendary 95.1 WAPE! We’ll welcome the winner into the studio to co-host an hour with Justin or Abby on the air! You’ll be a STAR in Jax after winning this item.
-Kick N It with Josh at Top Golf
2 people will play golf with Josh Scobee and get hors D’oeuvres and Drinks ($100 food/drink credit).
Child Cancer Fund is a partner to families of pediatric cancer patients and provides programs and services to 300 families annually. This grassroots charity is small but mighty, with one full-time employee who was in the cancer fight with her young son years ago. Carla Montgomery understands the challenge and horrors of pediatric cancer.
When a family calls Carla, she provides gift cards, mortgage assistance, meals, tutoring and other financial assistance. Pediatric cancer patients face weekly or monthly treatment, as well as unplanned ER visits, and more. Every visit comes with costs for the family: gasoline, meals, and more.
Money raised through Careathon goes directly to the Child Cancer Fund to support the families they serve.
Every single dollar matters. In six years, more than $1.2 million has been raised through Careathon.
Listener donations helped to fully fund the Child Life Specialist position at Nemours Children’s Health through a restricted fund. And donations have allowed families to escape for weekend retreats at Camp Boggy Creek in Central Florida.
Here is what a donation to the Child Cancer Fund can accomplish:
· $1000 pays for our Mom’s and Dad’s support group
· $750 pays for a family to go to Camp Boggy Creek for a weekend away from the rigors of treatment
· $500 covers the cost of a private tutor so children don’t fall behind academically
· $100 covers a gift card for groceries for a family to put food on the table
· $50 pays for gas to get to and from treatment
· $25 pays for disease specific educational books and notebooks with information for newly diagnosed families
· $10 covers snacks, toys, diversionary supplies (basically the cost of supplies for the Child Life Specialist to work with a child for the day)
©2021 Cox Media Group