by William D’Angelo , posted 25 minutes ago / 88 Views
Publisher and developer Dotemu and developers Lizardcube and Guard Crush Games have released Streets of Rage 4 for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, and Windows PC via Steam. It is available for 10 percent off on the Switch, PS4 and Steam.
View the official launch trailer below:
Here is an overview of the game:
The first mainline series entry in more than 25 years, Streets of Rage 4 infuses the series’ classic elements with a modern evolution of gameplay, art and design, giving fans an authentically faithful tribute which still offers a distinctive experience.
- An All-New Story: Discover and counter new threats to the metropolis in events set 10 years after Streets of Rage 3.
- New and Returning Fighters: Series veterans Axel, Blaze, and Adam team up with newcomers Cherry and Floyd for a glorious beatdown-fueled return to form.
- Gorgeous Hand-Drawn Artwork: An intricate, neon-soaked envisioning of Wood Oak City brings its districts and brawlers to life through fluid animation and striking designs.
- Evolved Combat: New combo possibilities, risk-reward health recovery, and clever refinements give Streets of Rage fans ample opportunities to rack up killer combos.
- An Electrifying All-Star Soundtrack: Lead Composer Olivier Derivière upholds Streets of Rage’s signature sound while adding new sonic direction with substantial contributions from series composers Yūzō Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima and an East Meets West all-star lineup of contributors.
- Retro Pixel Characters: Embrace your nostalgia by fighting like hell to unlock a dozen pixel characters complete with their original movesets from Streets of Rage 1, 2, and 3.
- Pulse-Spiking Throwback Music: Knock out enemies to timeless songs selected from Streets of Rage 1 and Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack.
- Online and Offline Co-Op: Call friends in for backup and let loose via two-player online and four-player offline co-operative play.
- A Feud-Ending Battle Mode
- A Relentless Boss Rush Mode: Prove your might against an onslaught from the deadliest opponents in Wood Oak City.
- A Fair Fight for Everyone: Choose from a range of five difficulty settings to suit your play style, whether you’re a newcomer learning your first combos or a hardcore fighter looking for a brutal challenge.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D’Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let’s Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.