by William D’Angelo , posted 31 minutes ago / 66 Views
Developer Easy Day Studios announced Skater XL will launch for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam on July 7.
The PS4 and Xbox One version will be available physically and digitally. Pre-orders are now available at select retailers.
View the latest trailer below:
Easy Day Studios announced the game will feature apparel, footwear, decks, wheels, and more from top skate brands, including:
- 411VM – Apparel
- Almost – Skateboards and Apparel
- Blind – Skateboards and Apparel
- Bones – Wheels and Apparel
- Crupie – Wheels
- DC Shoes – Footwear and Apparel
- Dickies – Apparel
- Element – Decks and Apparel
- Emerica – Footwear and Apparel
- Enjoi – Skateboards and Apparel
- ẻS – Footwear and Apparel
- Etnies – Footwear and Apparel
- Grimple Stix – Decks
- Grizzly – Grip tape and Apparel
- Independent Truck Co. – Trucks and Apparel
- Lakai – Footwear and Apparel
- Mob Grip – Grip tape
- New Balance – Numeric Shoes and Apparel
- Old Friends – Apparel
- Primitive – Decks and Apparel
- Ricta – Wheels
- SOVRN – Decks and Apparel
- Santa Cruz Skateboards – Decks
- Sk8Mafia – Decks and Apparel
- Spitfire – Wheels
- The Nine Club – Apparel
- Thunder – Trucks
- Transworld Skateboarding – Apparel
- Vans – Shoes
- Venture – Trucks
Here is an overview of the game:
Skater XL is the first skateboarding game to come to all major platforms in more than 10 years and offers complete physics-based gameplay with total freedom of control and expression. Play as skating icons Tiago Lemos, Evan Smith, Tom Asta, or Brandon Westgate on your way to becoming a skateboarding pro or build your own character with unique characteristics and authentic gear from top skateboarding brands.
Create, combine, and style tricks as you hit Downtown LA and other iconic California locations where street legends have left their mark. Dive into the digital skate subculture with more than 60 real skate spots connected by block after block of plazas, schools, pools, buildings, car parks and corridors. With a huge modding community that has created thousands of maps, digital skate ezines, personal highlight reels, in-game brands, and tournaments, Skater XL celebrates the creativity and dedication of the skate community.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D’Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let’s Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.