by William D’Angelo , posted 1 hour ago / 134 Views
Publisher Crunching Koalas and developer Buckshot Software announced the retro first-person shooter, Project Warlock, will launch for the PlayStation 4 on June 9, for the Nintendo Switch on June 11 and for the Xbox One on June 12. It will be priced at $14.99. Pre-orders are now open for the Switch and Xbox One.
Project Warlock first launched for Windows PC via Steam in December 2018.
View the release date announcement trailer below:
Here is an overview of the game:
The game tells the tale of the Warlock, a mysterious preacher tasked with a quest to rid the world of the invading forces of evil. Diving head-first into an inferno of bullets, claws, and fangs he has to slash and shoot his way through hordes of blood-thirsty demons, un-holy monsters, and deadly machines. Traversing through 60 levels set in five distinct domains the player will come across secret areas, ammo caches, hidden buttons, and elevators leading to more danger. It’s crucial to make good use of the 38 guns and eight spells in the arsenal, choosing the right upgrades to get the most out of each playstyle and developing the character with every fight to bring out his full potential.
Starting work on the game back in high-school, Jakub Cisło, had little experience and even less funding. Thanks to his passion for retro games seeded by his dad; a successful Kickstarter campaign; and talented artists he brought to the team, four years later, Project Warlock is launching on consoles to offer a mix of classic 90s action with all the features of a modern shooter in the XXI century.
- Unleash your righteous fury by slashing, shooting and casting spells as the Warlock.
- Explore over 60 vast levels in five settings, from a frozen Antarctic base to the burning sands of Egypt.
- Combat tons of enemies from flying demons to five-story tall robots, splashing walls and floors with their guts and chunks.
- Collect and develop your favorite gear and master the vast arsenal of 38 weapons.
- Develop your hero the way you like. Upgrade spells and weapons to create your unique character.
- Get lost in 62 unique musical tracks, tailored specifically to boost the retro feeling.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D’Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let’s Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.