Gaming Minds and Kalypso Media have released a new trailer for the upcoming sim Port Royale 4 to reveal the release date of the project. Port Royale 4 will launch for Windows PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on September 25th, 2020. However, the closed PC beta for Port Royale 4 is available now upon pre-purchase exclusively in the Kalypso Store.
There are two editions to choose from: the Standard Edition and the Extended Edition.
Pre-ordering the Standard Edition grants instant access to the BETA that includes all tutorials, the complete Spanish campaign, and the complete Free Mode with the nation of Spain and 4 playable character classes.
Pre-ordering the Extended Edition grants BETA access, digital soundtrack and the exclusive bonus content, including 4 pompous lighthouses and the blueprints to 5 magnificent parks with varying types of sculptures.
The BETA will be available in English and on Windows only at this current stage. All additional pre-order bonuses will be unlocked with the full release of the game in Fall 2020.
About Port Royale 4:
Set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. In Port Royale 4 you will take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor, eager to learn what it takes to manage and grow their small settlement into a bustling trader city.
Develop production chains connecting multiple islands and create complex trade routes across the Caribbean, covering the ever-growing needs of the respective cities. Make use of the detailed sea map to avoid stormy weather regions, cliffs or shallow waters. Fulfill tasks for your nation’s viceroy, earning more fame to unlock town buildings, ships and more. Conquer the cities of rival nations or hunt down their fleets with a letter of marque while also keeping a keen eye out for pirates and other privateers.
For the first time in the series, naval battles in Port Royale 4 will be turn-based, with up to 8 ships battling at one time and tactical captain maneuvers that can turn the tide in even the most hopeless of situations for a glorious victory.
- Choose among four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each of them providing different benefits and unique gameplay style.
- Take on four extensive single player campaigns following each nation on their path to supremacy.
- Appoint a leader for your adventure among four different playable character classes: the Explorer, the Merchant, the Buccaneer and the Piratess – each providing their very own advantages and disadvantages.
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge 3D game world. Steer clear of cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes.
- Select from 50 buildings, including 25 production sites, to produce goods like rum or luxuries. Construct town buildings with neighborhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the overall happiness of your citizens.
- 18 historically authentic ship types from the late 16th and the 17th century.
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains.
- Licenses, building permits, new buildings and ships can be unlocked by growing your reputation within your nation.