by William D’Angelo , posted 43 minutes ago / 136 Views
Square Enix announced the turn-based RPG, Octopath Traveler, is available now for the video game streaming service, Google Stadia. The game first launched for the Nintendo Switch in July 2018 and for Windows PC via Steam in June 2019.
View the Stadia launch trailer for the game below:
Here is an overview of the game:
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play. Embark on an epic journey across the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra and discover the captivating stories of each of the eight travelers.
- Play as eight different characters, each with their own stories to uncover and side quests to complete.
- Explore the enchanting yet perilous world of Orsterra, spanning eight vast regions and discover each character’s full story as their journey unfolds.
- Use each character’s distinctive abilities (Path Actions), skills and talents in frenetic battles.
- Enjoy the accessible yet deep turn-based combat battle system and break through enemy lines by identifying and targeting their weaknesses.
- Solve side quests and story scenarios in a few different ways and take decisions that shape your path.
- Experience visuals inspired by retro 2D RPGs with beautiful realistic elements set in a 3D world.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D’Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let’s Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.