Today’s Spotlight is Cloudpunk, a story-driven adventure game by ION LANDS and Maple Whispering Limited.
You play as Rania, a driver for a semi-legal delivery company in the dystopian metropolis of Nivalis. Deliver packages, interact with a variety of quirky characters, and accidentally stumble upon a global conspiracy or two.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Cloudpunk is available on Windows PC via Steam for $19.99, and later in 2020 on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Your name is Rania. This is your first night working for Cloudpunk, the semi-legal delivery company based in the sprawling city of Nivalis. You go everywhere, from the Marrow below to the spires that pierce the grey clouds high above before scraping the edge of the troposphere. No delivery job is too dangerous, and no one is faster than a Cloudpunk driver.
In this story-based exploration game, you will meet a diverse range of characters including androids, AI and unscrupulous humans at every level of society. Everyone has a story, and in the course of one night in Nivalis, everything will change.
- Explore an immense vertical cyberpunk city with your hover car and on foot
- Unravel mysteries in a world of corporate conspiracy, hackers and rogue AI through the eyes of Rania
- Meet a diverse range of characters and immerse yourself in their everyday lives
- Your decisions will have a lasting impact on the inhabitants of Nivalis
- Discover hidden places and items unlocking additional stories
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!