Release Date & New Voiceovers Announced for Shapeshifting Detective
If you like your games to come in FMV, well then look no further. The Shapeshifting Detective, arrives on various platforms, including the Xbox One, on November 6th. Pre-order is available today on Xbox One with a 20% discount.
It was also announced that there are two new additions to the guest voiceovers for The Shapeshifting Detective. Radio August, the in-game radio broadcast, will guest star YouTube gaming personality, Jesse Cox, and the FMV legend Chris Jones.
For thsoe who are mildly interested, here are a few features of the game:
- 1600+ full HD FMV videos.
- A large multi-location, multi-suspect world to explore.
- Shapeshift into nine other characters, or be yourself.
- Branching storyline and randomly chosen murderer for high replayability.
- In-game radio station featuring short dark fiction plays between visits.
- Any one of three random murderers helps to minimize spoilers.
- Shapeshift and your dialogue options are voiced by the original actors.
- Not all branching is binary. Push someone too far and discover a different reaction.
- Can’t get that vital clue yourself? Shapeshift into the Police Chief!
- Think your options are a trap? Refuse to speak to potentially unlock a hidden path
The fact that developer DAvekki Studios took the time to record all the actors and made a game is fairly impressive. We hope to have more information on the game as it gets closer to release.
– 1600+ full HD FMV videos.