Many months ago, State of Decay 2 launched to mixed reviews around the world. The game was praised for its deep mechanics, but the fact that it exhibited frame rate issues even on Xbox One X, and suffered from numerous glitches was a cause for concern. Undead Labs released a patch a few weeks later which fixed a lot of problems, but certain annoyances still remain. Surprisingly, this hasn’t stopped the title from being enjoyed by countless gamers.
At X018, Microsoft revealed that State of Decay 2 has crossed four million active players since its May 18, 2018 launch. This is a stunning achievement given how the title was initially portrayed. Active players means those who play each month, so overall player count should be higher. We hadn’t heard much about State of Decay 2 in a while, so it’s great to see that the game is doing so well. In order to maintain interest in the game, the developer keeps on releasing new content.
Today, State of Decay 2 Patch 6.0 hit the game. You can read the highlights of the patch notes below. The most prominent addition has to be increase in size of zombie hordes in the late game.
- We made several balance changes to the Daybreak rewards — guns are better, ammunition can be crafted, and Red Talon contractors are cheaper, though a bit more unruly.
- We added some new facility actions — you can craft survival items and can teleport gas cans and repair kits straight into parked vehicles.
- We amped up the benefits of allied enclaves, and added the option to dismiss trader enclaves when you’re trying to summon a new one and there isn’t any room for them.
- We added the ability to use simple consumables while in a vehicle.
- We bumped up the size of zombie hordes late in the game. They’re three times bigger now.
Hopefully these changes will keep players engaged. You can read the complete patch notes here. The visuals on Xbox One have also been improved. Lastly, aiming was finicky up until now, and this 8 GB patch also fixes that. Yes, it’s a massive download with tweaks a lot, but also adds free content.
State of Decay 2 is a co-op multiplayer game which forces you to survive in the wake of a zombie apocalypse. Players have to work together, build bases, and form communities if they wish to survive in this hostile land. You can currently purchase the title at various retailers starting at $29.99, or play it with your $9.99 Xbox Game Pass subscription.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more details.