Sadly, we all know Super Smash Bros. Ultimate‘s DLC is nearing its end. There’s one character left to announce, gamers got Kazuya, and everyone was denied the Dante x Bayonetta brawl they were hoping for (it’s there in some form). With the brawler heading into the twilight, it’s time for a newcomer to step up. And it has, from the unlikeliest of places. GameMill Entertainment, Ludosity, and Fair Play Labs just announced Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. This upcoming cartoon fighter will hit Nintendo Switch in the fall.
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl is about to make Super Smash Bros. Ultimate yesterday’s news
Check out the first trailer for the title below, courtesy of IGN:
While the music used is certainly an acquired taste, the footage of the actual game looks promising. They have Powdered Toast Man as a confirmed combatant, so I’m already sold. Hopefully, Ren and Stimpy won’t be far behind.
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl will feature characters from a wide array of Nickelodeon shows. These include Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold!, Invader Zim, SpongeBob SquarePants, and more. IGN has verified 20 stages, both single and multiplayer modes, bonus content, and local and online play for up to four players.
Here is the confirmed roster so far:
- Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
- Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Patrick Star (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
- Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
- Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
- Helga (Hey Arnold!)
- Reptar (Rugrats)
- Zim (Invader Zim)
- Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
I am quite happy to see Helga beating the snot out of other established Nickelodeon stars. Also, shout out to Oblina. Aaahh!!! Real Monsters is an underrated show!
Enthusiasts, will you be picking up Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl in the fall? Who are you hoping to see added to the mix? Let us know below.