You wonder, we wonder, everyone wonders: but when the heck The Elder Scrolls 6 will he come out? Almost 10 years after the release of the excellent (but pressed to the last drop) Skyrim, the question is valid.
One thing is certain, since the announcement of the title at E3 in 2018, Bethesda has been miserly on details. Studio boss Todd Howard, however, is (partially) out of his silence about the upcoming Elder Scrolls this Tuesday, giving an interesting interview to the British daily The Telegraph.
In it, Howard mentions in particular that the sequel to Skyrim will use the same graphics engine as for Starfield, Creation Engine 2, on which the team is currently working.
“It’s like new core technology. The vast majority of our development work is done on Starfield right now, but everyone is working on everything, so the projects kind of intersect, ”he explained.
The Bethesda leader, however, dealt a blow a few lines later to those who expected to see The Elder Scrolls 6 land in a moderately close horizon.
According to Howard, the RPG would thus always be in the “design” phase.
Notice, that’s not a bad thing either. A longer gestation period is only likely to lead to better play. It is not guaranteed, but it is very likely.
Certainly, to lower your expectations (even more), we have concocted a small list of things that are likely to happen before The Elder Scroll 6 arrives on the shelves:
- COVID-19 will be a very distant memory.
- The Canadian will have won three more Stanley Cups, under the leadership of Cole Caufield, who will act as head coach.
- Microsoft is going to have launched four new consoles, including one called the Xbox Box X.
- The author of these lines is going to be a grandfather. For your information, he is not yet a father and his partner is not pregnant at the moment.
- The island of Manhattan will have been transformed into an underwater city.
- The PlayStation 5 will start to be available in stores.
- Donald Trump Jr. Jr. is going to be President of the United States.
- Elon Musk will lead a colony of 25 million colonists on Mars.
- A microwave which manages to heat both the middle and the edge of the plate will have been invented.
- We are finally going to dress in clothes that have the appearance of aluminum foil.
- Men will live on love and there will be no more misery.
- Rockstar Games will have unveiled Grand Theft Auto 6.
In short, we will have to be patient. We hope you are ready.