After last week’s tease, the “New School RPG,” Monark, received its Japan release date for October 14th, as revealed by the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.
Developed by former Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei developers, the game is set to launch on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch.
After last week’s tease, the game was set for a reveal on June 10th. But Twitter user Xenosaga discovered that the trailer for Monark was revealed earlier in their publisher, FuRyu’s, YouTube channel.
The video revealed critical story narratives and the cast and developer’s names, release date in Japan, and some other tidbits of info.
The former Shin Megami Tensei developers working on Monark are:
- Kazunari Suzuki (Shin Megami Tensei writer)
- Aya Nishitani (Digital Devil Story and SMT series writer)
- Tsukasa Masuko (SMT and Devil Summoner composer)
- Ryotaro Ito (Digital Devil Story and SMT series writer)
While the video got removed from the channel, here is what fans need to know about Monark.
Monark’s gameplay and cast
The development team behind this title is comprised mainly of former Shin Megami Tensei developers. As per the news, the names behind the development and production of Monark are:
- Developer: Lancarse
- Publisher: FuRyu
- Scenario: Fuyuki Hayashi, Ryutaro Ito
- Scenario Supervision and Cooperation: Kazunari Suzuki, Aya Nishitani
- Planning, Production, and Direction: Fuyuki Hayashi, Mitsuhiro Hoshino
- Character Design: So-bin
- Background Music: Tsukasa Masuko