Sales have been through the roof and more content is on the way
In a rare turn of events, players have come across a roadblock when trying to download digital copies of Final Fantasy XIV. Players on Reddit and the gaming forum ResetEra noticed last night that Final Fantasy XIV Complete Edition could not be purchased on the Square Enix store.
Players trying to download a digital code of the PC and PS4 versions of the game are being placed on a waitlist. However, gamers are still able to purchase it on Steam and the PlayStation Store.
Earlier this month, the website PCGamesN noted that FFXIV broke its all-time record for the amount of people playing the game on Steam. Additionally, Square Enix figures show that more than 22 million accounts are registered with the game. This popularity culminating in what almost seems like the impossible. How exactly does a game manage to run out of digital copies?
New expansion details just adding fuel to this flame of popularity
To add extra hype to the game, Square Enix released the Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker official benchmark software. This will give players the chance to see if their computer will have the ability to run the game ahead of the expansions launch of 23 November of this year.
Additionally, the developers revealed a detailed roadmap that outlines all the upcoming content. In the next coming months, player can look forward to the following events and expansions for the game.
- Make it Rain Campaign – Beginning 19 July and running through 11 August. Players can obtain a special “Vexed” emote reward by completing event quests while also earning bonus Manderville Gold Saucer Points (MGP) from Gold Saucer activities.
- Moonfire Faire – Summer-themed seasonal event will return for a limited time. Starting 13 August.
- The Rising – Marks the 8th anniversary of Finaly Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn’s release. The Rising is set to begin on 27 August.
September – November
- Final Fantasy XV Collaboration Event – From September 13. Players who have reached level 50 and completed the main scenario quest “The Ultimate Weapon” can participate to ear numerous awards. Including Noctis’ hairstyle and outfit, the four-person Regalia mount and more.
- Moogle Treasure Trove Event – 19 October to 19 November. Players will have another change to gather irregular tombstones to change for various rewards.
- Endwalker Early Access Launch- Endwalker early access begins on 19 November and allows players who have pre-ordered the game to play early. Official release is 23 November.
- Post-Launch Events – Additional seasonal events are scheduled to land after the release of Endwalker.
All these new details may help grow the already unprecedented popularity the Final Fantasy XIV is showing. However, could this mean copies of the game will become even more scarce? Let us know what you think in the comments below!